Monday, March 3, 2014

Back in the saddle

Tonight I am preparing my juice for tomorrow as I intend on hitting it hard this week.  I ate all raw today after my explosive weekend with junk food.  I went to the grocery and purchased about $32.00 worth of veggies and that will be enough to make about 4 days worth of juice.  Mainly veggies and apples..

 If you have not visited the site Vedged Out you are really missing out.... She has a recipe there that is just plain amazing..  It is called Ultra Green Juice and is probably the best tasting GREEN juice I have made to date... WOW>>>  I could drink this all day..  It made a whopping 80 full ounces of juice.   I do not think I will be making another juice for tomorrow simply because I had not anticipated it making quite so much.


She also has a recipe for a cashew milk that I just might try.  I love my almond milk but cashew milk might be a nice change..

These are my lovely Kefir bottles..  The 2 on the left are milk kefir with blueberries. The one in the middle is water kefir with Raspberries.  The 2 on the right are milk kefir with lemon and orange.  While juicing I intend on using the milk kefir in place of my evening almond milk on certain days.  The water kefir just any old time.  I , of course, will not be eating the fruit.. hahaha  I do realize that I will not get the full benefit of juicing by drinking kefir, however, relatively speaking the almond milk isn't juice either...


Okay..  After thinking about it I decided to make a jar of  Pick-Me-Up Apple Carrot Juice.   Just in case I needed something different in the afternoon.  I have never been one to really be able to drink the same thing all day irregardless how much I love it..  Doesn't look great but sure tastes sweet and refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment