Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Kombucha

Today is the day to make Kombucha tea.  I normally use a basic black tea however I am feeling a bit adventurous so I am going to brew some green tea and some rooibos tea..  Not sure how these will turn out but since I have some baby scobies I don't mind testing...
One of my little babies.... My newest scoby named Hank...


I have a batch that is ready for a second ferment..  I am going to add  apples and cinnamon to two of them and maybe apple/cherry to the other two.... 
ooooooooo...  These are going to be so yummy.. The 2 on the left are apples and cinnamon. The 2 on the right are cherries, apples and pineapple...  4 days and they will be ready to consume..


For those of you that do not know what Kombucha is...  Check out this website for more information...MrKate 

I love how they give instructions on how to flavor the booch...  I am a big one on flavoring due to the strong flavor without it..  To pungent for me..  I do on occasion like a bottle of straight up booch, but strawberry mint is by far my favorite..

I have adjusted my recipes to adapt to smaller jars.. I do not drink as much as most so I find it easier to make it so that I have a mason jar ready every other day..

Some of my favorite Kombucha sites:

Mr. Kate  She is a riot!!
Yum Universe
Natural Wellness Kitchen
Fragrant Vanilla Cake has many great raw recipes.. LOVE this site!!!
Cultured Food Life
Emma Christensen
Nourished and Nurtured


I have been getting a bit to many scobies so I have decided that when I get a few extras again I am going to make some doggies treats instead of just throwing them out..
kombucha doggy treats

Time to get off the computer and get some laundry done.. hahaha  Big fun there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment